Taxpayer authentication APIs is to establish a secure authenticated session for all subsequent interactions with the GST System
- The GST Taxpayers APIs enable access to a GST Taxpayer's Portal.
- Similar to the GST portal, a taxpayer can fetch details and file returns using these APIs.
- However, to enable such access the Taxpayer must Authenticate this access.
- There are three steps to establishing an authenticated session:
- Enable API Access at GST Portal
- Send OTP to GST Taxpayer
- Verify OTP
- On successful Authentication, you are granted access of 6 hours and a longer session (maximum of 30 days; configurable on GST portal).
- Get Session Expiry API helps you fetch the token and session expiry timestamp.
- Refresh Taxpayer access API will extend the access additionally by 6 hrs from the time of the request. '
- An extension can be requested with valid access and up to session expiry time. So the user can refresh for 6 hrs from the start of the access after that Refresh access API will not work and the taxpayer session has to be again started with OTP verification.
- Taxpayer Logout API allows the user to log out.
Updated 18 days ago