PAN Verification [Basic]
Permanent Account Number (PAN) is a 10-digit unique identifier for taxpayers in India. Businesses can use Sandbox APIs to verify PAN as part of their KYC Process.
Verify PAN number by providing the
pan and receiving publicly available information pertaining to the taxpayer
- Verifying PAN details of an individual is an important step in KYC.
- NBFCs, banks, lending platforms, and insurance companies require a valid PAN as part of their onboarding process.
- HRMS platforms also require a valid PAN to add employees to the payroll.
- Businesses can only verify one PAN at a time by visiting the ITD website, making it time-consuming, error-prone & expensive
- API to Automate PAN verification, making it cheaper, faster & more accurate.
Follow the below guidelines to pass PAN, consent & reason for verification
|pan||10-character alphanumeric unique identifier for an income tax-payer||XXXPX1234A|
|consent||Consent of the end-user to get their information for verification purposes. Possible values: |
|reason||Indicate the purpose for verification.|
Min length: 20 characters
|For KYC of User|
Sample CURL request
curl --request GET \ --url 'https://api.sandbox.co.in/pans/XXXPX1234A/verify?consent=y&reason=For%20KYC%20of%20User' \ --header 'Accept: application/json' \ --header 'Authorization: xxxxxxxxx' \ --header 'x-api-key: xxxxxxxxxx' \ --header 'x-api-version: 1.0'
Test Environment Available
|pan||PAN to be verified||AAACJ1234Z|
|full_name||Full name of the PAN holder||JOHN DOE PRIVATE LIMITED|
|status||Status of the PAN: Valid or Not-Valid||VALID|
|category||Category of PAN: ||Company|
Response caching is not available for this API. Learn more about our response caching mechanism here
Since PAN Verification [Basic] API is a Paid API, a wallet charge will take place.
This API is currently in major version 1.0. Refer to the below table for the versioning history of this API along with the Changelog.
Refer to our versioning policies here
Updated 2 days ago