Form 16 is the certificate of tax deducted at source on Salary and is issued by Employer on behalf of the Employees. It is divided into two parts: Part A and Part B. The employer can download Form 16 Part A and Part B from their account on TRACES.
Employers have to provide Form 16 to their employees on or before 15th June of that particular F.Y. for which TDS is deducted.
Form 16 - Part A includes the following details:
- Employer Details: Name, Address, PAN, TAN
- Employee Details: Name, PAN
- Tax details: Tax deducted and deposited on the employee’s behalf
Form 16 - Part B includes the following details:
- It is an annexure containing details of Income Chargeable under the head of salary
- The breakdown includes allowances, perquisites, income tax deductions, taxable income, taxes and TDS
This API helps taxpayer in generating Form 26AS JSON which would enable them to upload Form 26AS JSON as an input in Income Tax Calculator API. This would help automate Schedule Salary data.
- Taxpayer has a Form 16 PDF which cannot be directly consumed for ITR calculation hence PDF must be parsed to be consumed
- The Form 16 API helps the Taxpayer to convert the uploaded Form 16 PDF to a JSON object. This JSON can then be used to calculate Income Tax Return based on details entailed in Taxpayer's Form 16.
Updated 4 months ago